- The 2013 Joseph V Scaletti Catalyst Lecture: Dr. Marcelo Ramalho-Ortigao on controlling Leishmaniasis at a molecular level in its primary vector: the sand fly
- The 2012 Joseph V Scaletti Catalyst Lecture: Dr. Akhil Maheshwari on the role of TGF-β2 in the diagnosis and treatment of neonatal Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC)
- The 2011 Joseph V Scaletti Catalyst Lecture: Dr. Kelan Tantisira on the personalized medicine revolution and the pharmacogenetics of asthma
To honor the memory and ideas of Joseph V. Scaletti and to promote the values that he worked to advance throughout his life, the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center has established a public lecture series in his name. Each year, the Joseph V. Scaletti Catalyst Lecture features an individual, institution, or idea responsible for accelerating the rate of positive change and forward progress in the areas of biomedical research, healthcare education, or healthcare delivery. Hosted by the UNM HSC Clinical & Translational Science Center, the Joseph V. Scaletti Catalyst lecture provides a public forum for envisioning the future of biomedical research and innovative models for healthcare education and delivery.
Anyone wishing to support the lecture series with a tax-deductible contribution, please contact the UNM Foundation by mail, telephone, or on line. There are three easy ways to make a contribution:• Online (in the Secondary Program/Fund list, select: “Other (not listed)” then, where it says REPLACE THIS TEXT, enter ‘Dr Joseph V Scaletti Memorial Lecture Fund’).
• By telephone: 1-505-277-9600
• Or by sending a check made out to UNM Foundation with “Dr Joseph V Scaletti Memorial Lecture Fund” in the memo line to:Dr Joseph V Scaletti Memorial Lecture Fund UNM Foundation Two Woodward Center 700 Lomas Blvd. NE Albuquerque, NM 87201
Your employer might even match your contribution! To find out whether your company matches employee charitable contributions, please try typing part of the company name on this site.
To thank you for your support, we’d like to send you your very own official Catalyst Lecture pin! Please include your name and address when you make your contribution so we can mail you a Catalyst lecture pin as a token of our thanks for remembering Joseph V. Scaletti and for investing in the future of biomedical research and education. Thank you!
To see how Joseph Scaletti’s work is reflected in many of the current initiatives of School of Medicine, please see the Summer 2010 issue of UNMed and the article, “Remembering Joseph V. Scaletti, PhD”, on the inside back cover.